Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
All students have the same curriculum entitlement regardless of ability or need. The Teaching and Inclusion Teams strive to enable students to access the curriculum at all levels. Our main aim is to provide appropriate support for students in mainstream lessons. The Inclusion team works closely with members of staff, parents and students to ensure needs are met within the requirements of The Code of Practice and Disability Act. Graduated Approach Plans are drawn up for all students with special educational needs, which are reviewed at regular intervals with parents and students.
How do we make all children reach their potential?
- Access to a broad, balanced curriculum which is well differentiated and takes into account the different learning styles and interests of our students.
- Professional dialogue about students’ progress takes place every term which ensures any difficulties are identified early and suitable provision is put in place
- Full time SENDCo
- Annual Parent’s Evening
- Additional reviews and contact with SENDCo when required
- SEND drop-in Clinic every Monday from 2.45-6pm
- Student Voice
- Students are invited to SEN reviews and are expected to contribute
- Supportive Inclusion Team
- Homework Club for SEN students Monday and Wednesday Period 6 and on at other times by arrangement
For more information please contact: