The Academy has strict guidelines on dress. All pupils are expected to wear the full Academy uniform, including when travelling to and from the Academy. Parents are strongly advised to ensure they supervise the purchase of school uniform and, where unsure as to the suitability of an item, they contact the Academy in advance.
Our uniform comprises of:
- Plain long or short sleeved shirt – white.
- Plain trousers or skirt – black. Jeans and cords are not allowed, skirts should be no shorter than knee length. All items should allow for shirts to be properly tucked in and must not be tight-fitting.
- Academy tie.
- Academy blazer – grey.
- Plain, sensible black shoes. Footwear must be leather or leather look with flat soles – no trainers, boots, pumps or canvas shoes will be allowed. High heeled shoes are unsuitable and dangerous on our school sites.
- Navy blue V neck jumper with or without LEAD logo – sleeves need to be at full length. In a change from previous years non regulation jumpers or hoodies will be confiscated . No sweat shirt material to be allowed.
Shirts, Jumpers and Blazers
- Blazers must be worn with sleeves down
- Sleeves on shirts, jumpers or blazers must not be rolled up at any time.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Only badges issued by the academy may be worn on jackets. Other badges, e.g. Charity badges, must only be on outdoor coats or bags.
Footwear must be plain black leather or leather look with flat soles – no trainers, boots, pumps or canvas shoes will be allowed. High heeled shoes are unsuitable and dangerous on our school site.
NB – if students are not wearing the correct uniform they will be expected to remain in the student workroom until the matter is resolved.
Outdoor coats should be plain and should have no large logos. Please note, hoodies, fur, denim and studded leather jackets are not allowed. Outdoor coats should be removed at the entrance of the Academy building, as outdoor wear is not permitted indoors.
Students require a school bag which can fit in an Academy planner and A4 workbooks.
Compulsory PE Uniform
- Academy PE top
- Academy reversible games top (recommended for winter sports)
- Academy shorts
- Plain navy blue knee length games socks
- White sports socks for indoor use
- Indoor trainers- Non-marking sole with laces, providing support to ankle & foot.
- Outdoor trainers – Suitable for on grass use. E.g. Football boots or Astro Turf shoes.
- Gum shield for rugby (will be informed when necessary for other sports)
- Shin pads for football
Jewellery, Make up and Hair styles
Jewellery is not allowed, except for one pair of small, plain silver ear studs. Ear rings, rings, nose studs or other piercings/jewellery are not acceptable.
Fake nails and excessive make up is not allowed for students in Y7-11. Nails must be short and natural looking. Long nails are a health and safety concern when students are taking part in subjects such as PE, Design and Technology and Science.
Hair styles which are considered ‘excessive’ will not be allowed at the Academy. Hair must be of natural colour and must not be dyed. Pupils are not allowed ‘cuts’, shapes or designs.
- Strong waterproof bag
- Knowledge Organiser*
- Pencil case
- Black Pens
- Red Pens
- A spare pen or spare cartridges if you have a fountain pen
- Two pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- A 30cm ruler
- A rubber
- A compass
- A calculator preferably a scientific calculator as Casio FX83GT Plus or similar
- A protractor
- A set of coloured pencils
Suggested list of equipment available at home
- English Dictionary
- French Dictionary
- A glue stick
- A pair of scissors
- Art sketchbook
*Each child receives a Knowledge Organiser on their first day at the Academy. If a student loses or defaces their Knowledge Organiser, replacement Knowledge Organiser are available to order via Schoolcomms.